Center for Counseling, Healing & Growth
LYNN GOODMAN, MFT
Marriage and Family Therapist
Certified Addiction Specialist
GRACE WORKS is a Counseling and Consulting Practice specializing in Addiction, Grief, and Trauma Recovery through Transpersonal Therapy.
Transpersonal Psychotherapy is a process of discovering more fully who we are, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. This involves consciously connecting and integrating intrapersonal and interpersonal realities with multi-dimensional or spiritual realities. Becoming more fully incarnated Beings empowers us to live more creative and meaningful lives in relationship with self, others, and the Divine.
Using various experiential approaches, clients can work through limiting, habituated thought patterns and behaviors as needed. This supports and encourages authentic, integral self-expression and the freedom to live from one’s core Being or creative Source. I provide services to individuals, couples, families, groups, and agencies. I have been a Licensed MFT since 1991.
Therapeutic processes offered:
- Art and dream process
- Family of origin work
- Guided imagery and creative visualization
- Inner Child and parts integration
- Body – mind attunement
- Relaxation Training
Problems of specialized focus:
- Pain and grief associated with abuse, mental, emotional or physical trauma, death, divorce, loss and/or physical trauma, health loss and/or prolonged illness.
- Addiction recovery and related physical, psycho-social and/or psycho-spiritual, issues.
- Anxiety, depression and the unusual phenomena that often accompany mental, emotional, or physical crisis and/or spiritual awakening
- The counseling relationship is confidential. It is a safe, nurturing and compassionate context in which to sort through and resolve difficult or challenging concerns and relationship issues.
Services provided include:
- Brief counseling focused on creating insight and clarification on personal problems, choices and/or major life transitions
- Long-term, in-depth psychotherapy for the resolution and transformation of deeper intra-psychic and interpersonal issues.
- Group therapy and workshops: Women’s Spirit Recovery, Dreams & Spirituality, Divorce Recovery, Elder Life Transitions, Walking the Labyrinth
- Consultations, and trainings on Addiction, Trauma Recovery, Compassion, Fatigue, Intuition, Creativity, and Spiritual Formation.
- Transpersonal Psychotherapy can be a vehicle for communion with one's authentic Self, one's spiritual essence. To this end, I dedicate my service, that we may have more loving, creative and healthy relationships.